Thursday, April 16, 2009

Taking another plunge...

It's a beautiful day in Waynesboro, PA! We are expected to enjoy temperatures in the low 70's with plenty of sunshine - summer, here we come! There's just something about nice, warm, beautiful weather that puts me in a good mood. I love that I can whip out a pair of shorts, cute top and flip flops for work. I love that I'll get to wear my snazzy new "old school" sunglasses while cruisin' in the car. And I love that I'll be traveling through the mountains, both to and from work, and then again later today when traveling to Bridgewater, with the sunrise and sunset creeping into the scene.

Bridgewater is a wonderful place. It's where I spent four awesome, fun, exciting, and rewarding years as a college student and it's where I met my husband, Brian. Bridgewater is a very small town with only three traffic lights. Everyone says "hi" and it's considered one of the safest places in the U.S. Brian and I eventually want to move to Bridgewater. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. It would be an amazing place to raise kids!

Brian and I are leaving for a weekend in Bridgewater tonight after work and I am WAYYYY pumped!! I am going to see four of my five former college roommates (six girls in one apartment for two years) and visit Brian's parents who moved to Bridgewater three years ago. I will probably be on cloud 9 the entire weekend and will be kickin' it into high gear when it comes to taking pictures and practicing with my camera. Sunday and Monday will bring some awesome picture posts!

So my blog title is called "Taking another plunge." There is going to be a lot of plunges taken as I pursue my photography interests, but this should be the last one for a while. I bought a flash a few weeks ago for my camera and am now ready to buy a lens. If you've never priced a flash or lens for a digital SLR camera, just google it and be amazed. There is actually a Canon lens out there right now for like $12,000! Don't worry, I won't be spending that much on my lens, but it's enough to get Brian nervous and sweating (he doesn't like to spend money). The new lens will hopefully take my photography skills to the next level so I am very excited about taking this plunge. Ready...set...plunggeeeee! Here are some recent pictures.

Staff lunch at work. These ladies always have something to gossip about.

Our General Manager, Eric Flynn, takes a moment to pose with some of Liberty's leading ladies.
Having a few beers with Brian while we wait. Have you ever tried Magic Hat beer? Pretty delicious!

Just a few knick knacks around our house - both wedding gifts complete with our wedding invitation and wedding picture!

Just a fun shot of the beer...and Brian's hand.


Well, have a great weekend, and take a plunge or two. It will be exciting and feel good. Bridgewater, here I come!!

No comments: