Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Scrapbooking

When I was younger, I used to take A LOT of pictures. OK, so I still take a lot of pictures today, but back then I probably took more than necessary. My first camera was a small film camera and man did I make my fair share of visits to the Wal-Mart Photo Center. I always had fresh "hot off the press" pictures to share with my friends and family and the pictures eventually began to pile up in my room, closets and drawers. In 8th grade, I finally decided to do something with all my pictures - scrapbook! After I created my first scrapbook, I decided that I would make one for each year of school until I was a senior. All I wanted was to share my loads and loads of pictures with family and friends and I couldn't wait to put my scrapbooks on display at my high school graduation party. Lame, I know. But just as pictures and photography get me excited today, they got me excited back in the day.

One of my assignments at work during the off season (the eight months out of the year that don't involve skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing) is to create a scrapbook - the 08/09 "Year In Review" for Liberty Mountain. Since I haven't scrapbooked in over four years, I was quite excited about this assignment. I went to Michael's arts and crafts store to get my supplies and am now glad I don't scrapbook anymore. Not only are the supplies expensive, but there are so many options and so many things to look at that it's quite overwhelming! Needless to say, I've started the scrapbook and have enjoyed it thus far. I printed over 1100 pictures at the Wal-Mart Photo Center for the scrapbook. Yes, I said over 1100 and yes, it's the same Photo Center I used to visit when I printed ungodly amounts of pictures back in the day - I guess it's just in my blood. I only have four pages done and I know that I will be visiting Michael's often for page refills. Here are some pictures of the messes I've made at work so far with the scrapbooking efforts...


So the pictures aren't that exciting, but they are colorful which makes them decently pleasing to the eye. I am also still practicing my photography skills so anytime I can set up a cool still life picture, I take advantage.

No comments: