Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Memories

I am back from my Easter weekend in Connellsville. It was a different kind of Easter. I didn't wake up to my brother and sister anxiously awaiting to see what the Easter Bunny brought and we didn't have our usual Easter morning egg hunt through the house. I guess the last time we did that was when my sister was still in elementary school. Ha! Sometimes I miss those days.

It was also a different kind of Easter because my Great-Grandma Mulac passed away on Friday. She would have been 95 years old next month. She lived a lot of her years in Florida, but has been living with my Grandma Vilella for the past five years or so. My first legal drink with my family was at my Grandma Vilella's Christmas party - it was a glass of wine with my Great-Grandma Mulac. I didn't get to see a lot of my family members this past Easter weekend, but I'll get to see them Wednesday when we come together for the funeral.

Aside my Great-Grandma's passing, the weekend was quite nice. It was nice to be back at home and it was nice to hang out with my siblings. I got to color Easter eggs like I wanted and was able to see a bunch of my high school friends on Saturday night! Not only did Brian and I come home with leftovers, but also more Easter baskets! Brian and I now have seven (yes, SEVEN!) different baskets, bags and containers of Easter goodies! Gym time, anyone??

Here is a picture of "Big Kitty" - he weighs about 20 lbs! I miss having him around...

So my sister Krista is going to her first prom this year. This is her dress. Freakin' AWESOME!!! This is so a "jess dress" - I wish I had a reason to wear it!

Brian and I at my house in Connellsville on Easter.

We have two cats at home. Here is a picture of "Little Kitty" - he used to be a lot smaller than "Big Kitty" but has grown a bit over the past year. Brian says he has now earned the name of "Medium Kitty." We don't have normal names for our cats. We tried "Oreo" and "Bubby", but those didn't really work out. My Dad feels funny when he goes to the vet.


We played the Wii, of course!

Brian took this picture of me. Not too shabby!


We colored Easter eggs!



A blank canvas.




I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter holiday! Yay Spring!


No comments: