Wednesday, April 22, 2009

EXCITEMENT!

Today was a good day. I kept busy at work and the sun was out for most of my time behind my desk - remember, nice weather (warm temps and sunshine) get me in a good mood!

Today was also a good day because I got a surprise from our Director of Food & Beverage at Liberty, Chef Dwaine Wishard - click on the link to check out Dwaine on Liberty's website, photo taken by yours truly :)

Dwaine showed his future daughter-in-law the pictures I took at the Liberty Bridal Open House a few weeks ago. She LOVED the pictures and is interested in having me take her wedding pictures next April! Yes, I said she is interested in ME AS A PHOTOGRAPHER for her wedding!!!! There are not enough exclamation points in the world that could help to describe my excitement right now. I was nearly speechless when Dwaine shared the good news with me. I've only taken pictures at a handful of weddings and have served as a second (or even third) photographer at each. I am anxious to fly solo for once and see what I can do on my own behind the camera. No matter what happens, there's major EXCITEMENT! This could be my big break!

Another thing to be excited about: my new lens came today! I ordered the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 lens from B&H (I highly recommend this company to anyone who is interested in photography, videography or just buying a new point-and-shoot camera) after reading some good reviews and after learning from a few pros that it's a good lens. This lens will alow me to shoot details, people and places and will hopefully allow me to use a lot more natural light to get good pictures. Here is the first picture I took with my new lens:

OK, so it's not that cool. Sorry, there aren't a whole lot of exciting things in the house.
Here it is! My new toy.


Here is a shot of our living room using the wide-angle range on the lens.

This is the kind of mess that is made from camera equipment packages.

SanDisk is offering AWESOME rebates on their memory cards right now. I bought three 4GB memory cards for $45 (after rebate)! Now I'll really be able to take loads and loads of pictures - like 4000 of them if I don't shoot in RAW. Watch out!

Brian and I decided to share our Easter candy wealth. We dumped out all seven Easter containers given to us as gifts over the past two weeks and took out the pieces we really wanted for ourselves. The leftovers went to friends and to work. We had a lot of candy!

That's all for now, folks! I hope you enjoyed my EXCITEMENT!

If that didn't get you excited, just think about the absolutely gorgeous weather that we are going to have this weekend! 85 degrees and sunshine!!!!!!!!!

No comments: