Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm gonna be swimming in fish!

Today is Good Friday. I don't have work. Brian does have to work. I generally like some alone time at home, but not an entire day! I was looking forward to going to the gym this morning to get some exercise and to kill some time, but it's closed because of the holiday. So now I am watching Rachael Ray and drinking a can of Coke Zero. I am definitely hitting the gym on Monday!
Brian and I exchanged Easter baskets last night. My mother-in-law sent us Easter baskets last weekend so we now have four Easter baskets filled with goodies sitting in our living room. Definitely hitting the gym on Monday!!

Brian and I may be dorky for exchanging Easter baskets, but we find joy in the little things in life, especially the little things we used to do at home with our families. We even considered having an Easter Egg Hunt right here in our house, just the two of us!

We are going to Connellsville, PA tonight (my hometown) to spend Easter weekend with my family and friends and I am WAY excited! I went home in early March, but before that, I hadn't been home since Thanksgiving! That's what the ski industry will do to ya. I don't have a lot of plans for Saturday at home - maybe some egg coloring and maybe some shopping! Saturday night Brian and I will be going out with a bunch of my friends from high school and on Sunday we will have Easter dinner with my family - definitely a lot of opportunities to practice with my camera so look for pictures from our weekend in Connellsville next week. I am very much looking forward to this weekend.

Brian bought me a 3.5 lb. bag of Swedish Fish for my Easter basket because I love Swedish Fish! In the collage below, I am using the 3.5 lb. as a weight-lifting device. And that's why I'm gonna be swimming fish...



Brian's face is so cute in this picture. I bought him a variety pack of Fruit Roll-Up, Fruit-by-the-Foot and Gushers and he was in heaven! He said it brought back to his elementary school days...

Licking out the juices from the Gushers...

Happy Easter, y'all!

No comments: