Monday, June 1, 2009

OMG!

So I've been thinking over the past couple of days about how I have nothing to blog about. OMG! I have so much to blog about! As I was searching through my picture files, I came across a few events from last month that I had nearly forgotten about. Oh man do I have a bunch to blog about over the next few days. OMG!

A few weeks ago, Brian and I went to Winchester, VA to visit my former college roomie, Sharon. We spent nearly the whole day hanging out - beer festival, Sweet family cookout and bee capturing! Let's begin with the bee capturing - it's the most interesting.

Sharon's dad recently purchased bees. He ordered them online and received them in the mail - kinda funny, huh? He's been growing his bee colony for over a year now and has enjoyed collecting Sweet family honey! Some of the bees escaped from their colony and started their own invasion of space in a nearby tree. The plan was to cut the branch from the tree where some of the bees relocated and let it fall into the back of a pick-up truck to then re-relocate them to their original colony home. We watched the whole thing!

Ready to chop the branch off and let the bees fall.

A little hanging out amongst the bee action.

Yes, Sharon's dad does dress in a bee suit. Pretty cool, huh?

Before we enjoyed the bee action, Brian, myself and Sharon went to the Of Ale and Beer Festival in Middletown, VA. We paid $20 for each ticket and received 10 tickets and an oversized shot glass at the gate. Each ticket entitled us to one sample of one kind of beer. There were all kinds of beers at this festival! Some beers even had names that I couldn't pronounce! We definitely got our fair share of beer samplings that day and really enjoyed each other's company. Here are a couple moments from the festival.

Have you ever seen a "porto-sink?" Not only was there a line of 20+ porto-johns at the festival, but there were also porto-sinks! Talk about being sanitary in the middle of nowhere while drinking beer and peeing in porto-johns. I only have one question: Where does the water go, or better yet, how does the water get recycled?

Me and Sharon! We definitely need to hang out more. And it will definitely involve some nice summer beverages!


Doesn't the last picture make you think of summer? Today is the first day of June. We are only 20 days or so from the first official day of summer. OMG!!!!

Check back soon for another exciting blog post ;)


No comments: