Sunday, June 7, 2009

Liberty Employee Reunion Picnic

Today was the Liberty Employee Reunion Picnic. Every year, Liberty Mountain treats their ski season employees with a reunion to help say "thank you" for a job well done during the winter months. This year, I, along with my friendly co-worker Jeanie, were in charge of planning the reunion.

Our planning started in March and ended this morning. We had to nail down a caterer, band, t-shirt company, lifeguard, beer station, and various activities for the event. After much help from our fellow resort employees and pointers from years past, we were able to pull off a very successful and enjoyable picnic! We had beautiful weather and more guests than ever! Here are a few shots from the day:

The beautiful Liberty Mountain.

Our Sign Shop guru DeeDee helped us to create this picture stand of the Snowmonsters to provide a way for guests to make a momento of the reunion picnic. You see these in amusement parks and tourist areas, right? Does anyone know the correct name for them? I just called it a picture stand. :)

The pool was definitely the place to be!

Along with planning the reunion picnic, I was also in charge of creating the "End of Season" Employee Slideshow. It's a nice way to remember the laughs, smiles, events, craziness, and special moments of the season. This is a shot from our "grand showing" of the slideshow. It was way better when you watched it with friends!


This little girl is so cute! We had a kids prize and candy scramble and she was there, front and center! Her mom finally got her to smile for me!

Here is the cute little girl with her mom. Remember the days when you could wear a skimpy little bikini, let your belly hang out and not worry about your bottoms slipping away? Those are the days this little girl is living exactly! Too cute!

I was reunited with our Marketing Intern Trae and a couple of the park guys, Adam and Blake. Liberty just isn't the same for me without them. No matter what day of the week or which event we were working on, I could always count on these guys to make my day and make me smile! :)

Close up!


Even though today was a lot of work, I still got a true taste of what summer is all about. Summer is about friends, family, laughs, sunshine, good food, good music, and good reasons to get together! Thanks Liberty employees for getting me ready for summer!

No comments: