Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weddings, hot dogs and rain...

I haven't blogged in a while so I have a BUNCH to talk about. First of all, HAPPY MAY! Summer is just around the corner and I cannot wait for four plus months of sunshine and warm temps.

This time of year also brings grilling hot dogs on the grill which I love! Brian and I actually kicked off hot dog grillin' season with a few dogs tonight. He was a bit upset because I bought turkey dogs. One turkey dog has 0 grams of fat while regular beef hot dogs have like 16 grams of fat! I stuck them in the refrigerator thinking he wouldn't notice, but he did. Oh well, they were still yummy!

You know what else comes during the sunshiny days and warm temps of May? WEDDING SEASON! I love weddings and cannot wait to be a full-fledged wedding photog someday. I shot my first wedding of the season yesterday with Mark and Andrea of Imagery by Andrea, formerly Cozzoli Studios of Hagerstown, MD. I shot with them last fall and was excited when they invited me back for this year. I won't be shooting a whole lot of weddings with them, but I will learn a ton! As soon as I have some of those pictures ready, I'll post 'em!

I was excited for today because I was scheduled to do my first ever engagement session! My friends Angie and Josh are getting married in July and I volunteered my photog services to them to hopefully get some awesome shots of their oh-so-cute young love. Unfortunately, it rained almost all day. Way to rain on my parade, rain. There will be a future post with their engagement pictures included, don't worry. :)

Back to weddings....I finally finished editing the pictures I took at Steve and Tiffany's wedding. I haven't been able to even look at the pictures over the past few days until now. I took a lot of pictures and cannot wait for Steve and Tiffany to see them! Here are some more of my favorites since my previous post:

Steve and Tiffany invited us over their (new!) house after rehearsal and dinner which was WAY exciting! Brian is jealous because they have more than an acre of land which requires Steve to use a riding lawn mower - we have a push. Of course, we played corn hole!

Look how perfect Daisy's posing is right here!

On to the wedding day...

How cute is this picture of the flower girls walking down the aisle!?!

I captured this moment of Tiffany's dad walking her down the aisle as I was stretched out of my seat trying to be a discrete guest photographer. I was determined to get an end seat and not let anyone steal it! Mission accomplished. :)

The ceremony venue was very pretty! I loved the chandalier in the middle of the room.

This might be my favorite shot from the day! I think this really shows the love and energy that Steve and Tiffany were feeling on their wedding day. They were just so happy and so in love. YAY!

This might be my second favorite shot. Tiffany and her Matron of Honor Rachel being all cute!


This is my crazy husband, Brian. He was all over the dance floor at the reception. He likes to brag that he got second in the limbo contest.

Boys being boys...after a few drinks and with the encouragement of others...

Click here to visit my web albums page to see more of Steve and Tiffany's wedding. Steve and Tiffany - I'll be sending your picture CD in the mail soon!

I'll soon be posting pictures from my first ever food photo shoot! Liberty needs a nice stock of banquet and wedding pictures for the website so I started by visiting two events at the resort on Frfiday evening. Good thing Liberty has someone who works for them that's got a nice camera and some photog skills ;)

No comments: