Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Published!

It's official! I am now published! The first edition of Peak Season magazine comes out this week and one of my pictures is in it! This is pretty darn cool!! OK, so maybe I cheated by being employed by one of the resorts that actually put the magazine together, and maybe my name isn't below the picture, but still! Over 50,000 people are going to look and read this magazine and that's a lot of eyes on my picture. Hopefully as people scan over my picture they think to themselves, "Wow, that's a pretty nice picture! An expensive professional must have taken it." Haha - just amusing myself. :)

Peak Season is "The Magazine for the Mountain Resorts of Liberty, Roundtop and Whitetail." It's a bi-annual publication that used to be separated into two pieces with two completely different names. The purpose of the magazine is to tell others what our three resorts have to offer all year round, not just during the winter months.

In an effort to make the publication look cleaner and more polished, our three resorts decided to ask RidgeRunner Publishing of Hagerstown, MD to help us with the project. They also publish Hagerstown Magazine, HM Bride and Celebrate Gettysburg. (If you visit the RidgeRunner link, you'll find Kate Rader - Publisher, Creative Director and Editor-In-Chief; I am actually helping to take her wedding pictures with Rodney Cool of Aesthetic Life Studio on May 17th, but that's a whole other blog! Exciting, nonetheless!)

As Marketing Assistant at Liberty, I had the opportunity to give my thoughts and opinions on the magazine materials as the project progressed. And when the time came to take a mug shot of our GM Eric Flynn, I quickly volunteered! Peak Season magazine looks spectacular and we got the first peak at the finished product yesterday:



Here's the picture I took of Eric Flynn - General Manager of Liberty Mountain Resort and Chief Operations Officer for Snow Time, Inc. (our parent company). Sorry, it's not the best picture of a picture, but I tried.

Here is the actual picture - I thought RidgeRunner would do some editing, but they didn't really. Hmm?


Here are a few pictures of one of my favorite features in the magazine. Our Food & Beverage staff at Liberty is awesome and Chefs Dwaine Wishard and Dave O do a great job at making some very unique and delicious dishes (I raved about this in my previous post and included some great images). The pictures for this feature were actually taken by my friend, Rodney Cool, who I mentioned above. Great job, Rodney!


Happy Thursday - the weekend is almost here!

No comments: