Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I held a chainsaw today at work...

There is a first time for everything. Today was the first time I held a chainsaw. Chainsaws usually leave me with a scary-texas-chainsaw-massacre-feeling. Chainsaws make me think of the times when I screamed in a haunted house or haunted hayride at Halloween. My chainsaw experience today was not scary. This time it was kinda fun!

Liberty Mountain Resort is working on many different projects during the spring and summer months to get ready for yet another ski season. For the past couple of days, the mountain guys have been working on getting rid of the treeline that stood between the Admin offices (where I work) and the slopes. We now have an amazing view of the mountain! Since I was lurking around taking pictures of the project, the mountain guys asked if I wanted to have my picture taken with a chainsaw. A photo opp for me?? I'm in!

I am a mountainous-looking woman! Notice the snazzy sunglasses on my head, the springy outfit and flip flops. I was totally ready for some chainsaw action!

Another resort project involves cleaning and inspecting the chairlifts. Eventually, each chair will be taken off the line, cleaned and repadded. I'm glad that project isn't on my list of things to do!


When I arrived to work yesterday morning, I was greeted by a family of geese. I first found the family in the parking lot and they quickly made their way to the sidewalk and then to the road. Yes, the family of geese crossed the road. It was actually quite a fascinating and cool thing to watch. Drivers yielded to the geese with a smile as they crossed the road which was awesome! The little family was just so cute!


I got a little artsy with the images...

There was actually a second family of geese! This family decided to stick to the water instead of trying to cross the road...


Spring and warm weather are just beautiful things and it's such a great time for photo shoots! I'm taking Angie and Josh's engagement pictures on Friday and cannot wait! We're going for late-in-the-day sun and lots of color and greenery. Happy spring, warm weather and photoging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I randomly stumbbled across your blog and had to comment -the chainsaw pictures are awesome!

Denise Karis said...

lol - youre brave to hold a chainsaw - Im so clumsy I totally couldnt --- that last photo is really interesting - the ducks in silhouette is really creative - i love it!