Sunday, May 10, 2009

BUSY!

BUSY! One word to describe my last week and my weeks ahead. Between work, taking pictures, hanging out with friends, and performing the daily duties of being a wife and adult, there's not a lot of chill time. I like to be busy, though. It keeps me on my toes and it's a chance to practice my time management skills. Besides, I've got some very exciting happenings coming up over the next few weeks!

Two weekends ago (I know this post and these pictures are long overdue), Brian and I went to Cowan's Gap with some of friends from church. Cowan's Gap is a beautiful state park located northwest of Chambersburg, PA. April 25th brought one of the first summer-like days of the year and we took full advantage of the gorgeous weather.


Chris and Brian catchin' some rays...

Hanging out like beach bums.

Doing what we do best: volleyball! And we always have enough players for two teams.

The newest addition to our list of couples, Jessica #2 (there are 3 of us total!) and Matt.

Some of the guys decided to take the "polar bear plunge" into the freezing cold water...


This past Tuesday, I organized a Cinco de Mayo gathering at work. Who doesn't love an excuse to eat delicious Mexican food? I asked everyone to bring in a special dish to share and we ended up with a lot of food, including homemade Carnitas and guacamole topping from my boss, Anne. I felt like I was at Chipotle!

Here's my boss, Anne, chopping away at her avocados...


Ken, our Human Resources guy, was very excited for Cinco de Mayo. He put the icing on the cake with his sombrero and homemade non-alcoholic margaritas!

I was invited to attend the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Dinner on Wednesday. A few of us ladies from work attended and had a lovely time together. Look how pretty all the red looked in the room!


This year's poster kids for the American Heart Association were at the dinner. Here they are with their Mom. They were the two cutest little girls I had ever seen!


Sorry the colors aren't real swell in this picture. I wasn't using a flash, the room was filled with red and there wasn't a whole lot of light to work with. Oh, and I handed my camera over to a lady that had to get her glasses out to look at the LCD screen on the back of my camera. She didn't understand the concept of the little red focus box. :) Anyways, here is a shot of me and some of the ladies I work with at Liberty.



Well, that's my busy week in a nutshell, with pictures! Ah! I forgot to mention my Saturday in Winchester with my roomie Sharon! Ok, that's material for my next post. Anyways, I have a few busy weeks ahead so there will be plenty to blog about in the near future. I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day! Adios for now :)

No comments: