Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Coolest Pictures Ever! {Carroll Valley, PA Photographer}

I've been having a ball of fun taking pictures at Liberty over the past few days. The winter snow storm this past weekend brought nearly two feet of snow to the mountain and with fresh powder and blue skies, it's been a photographer's dream.

Some of my best pictures from the past few days (OK, past five days), however, came from the day before the winter snow storm. There wasn't a whole lot of fresh powder around, but there were beautiful blue skies.










Now for my favorites...

I recently read a photographer's blog post that shared one "secret" for shooting into the sun. I started closing my aperture (making it smaller and allowing less light into the lens and camera) and got this...

I closed my aperture a little more, exposed for the sun, and got this...

Totally looks like I shot it at night, right? OK, maybe not at night because of the blaring sun, but it still creates an illusion that there could be some nighttime involved. I always try to include the sun in my pictures so every new technique to add to my bag of tricks is so exciting!



Now who'd like some portraits in the snow? I'm dying to get out there again! Happy Snow Days!

No comments: