Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ashley and Chris: Lifestyle Portraits

I think it's awesome when couples who are already married, had beautiful wedding and engagement pictures taken and want even more pictures taken! Maybe it's an anniversary. Maybe there's a baby on the way. Or maybe they just want a way of expressing and capturing the joy and love between husband and wife. Anyway I look at it, capturing life's most special moments in pictures is priceless, no matter what the reason, and are opportunities that shouldn't be passed up.

My next couple, Ashley and Chris, wanted to celebrate their one-year anniversary with a portrait session. Their anniversary was in July, but they decided to wait a little while and have the session in the fall, which made this session even more "they-just-want-a-way-of-expressing-and-capturing-the-joy-and-love-between-husband-and-wife"-like! How fun is that?

I met Ashley and Chris in Staunton, VA on a chilly (OK, pretty darn cold) day in October (I know, it's Dececmber now - this post is late). It was the same weekend as Bridgewater's (my college - woop, woop!) Homecoming which made our session planning very easy. I was going to be in the area and Ashley wanted pictures. Score! And our location was downtown Staunton which I was totally pumped for because I've been dying to take some portraits in a city setting. Double score! Here are some of my favorites:



Love the emotion and expression in this one.


Standing in a parking garage with very little light. Way cool.


Stonewall Jackson Hotel Lobby in Staunton, VA.




Mug shots. Get it? Haha.





So Vogue and GQ. Perfect outfits, perfect location.



Thank you Ashley and Chris for a wonderful session. Call me next year for your two-year anniversary pictures. ;)

No comments: