Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Will and Alisabeth's Wedding in Virginia

I've got a lot on my brain for this post, so let me make a list:

1. Sorry about the last post. I accidentally posted about the Boulder Ridge Lodge at Liberty Mountain and the recent pictures I took of the lodge dressed for a wedding reception. My mind has been all over the place since last Friday so I apologize for the mess-up. I deleted the accidental post, just in case you were wondering.

2. Last Friday, Brian and I left early in the morning to begin our three-day weekend in Porstmouth, VA for the wedding weekend of our friends Will and Alisabeth. More than three hours from our home and just beyond Richmond, we encountered car troubles and were set back about four hours. To make a long story short, our three-day weekend quickly turned into a four-day weekend since my car had to go to the garage and wait for a new part. Thanks to the lovely people at the Bridges Bottom Tire and Auto Center in New Kent, VA and our friends Todd, Casey, Matt, Kristina, and Scottie, we were able to make it to the wedding weekend on time!

3. Of course I took my camera along to our weekend in Virginia. I was thrilled when I found out we'd be riding a ferry for most of our transportation - I knew I'd be able to get some great scenic pictures! I was like a normal tourist during our first 24 hours in Portsmouth, taking pictures of our surroundings, the town and our beautiful hotel. My camera was really waiting for the beautiful wedding of Will and Alisabeth! Warning: this post is long and there are a lot of pictures! :)

Here is a view of the ceremony spot from a hotel window. We were at the cocktail hour when I took this picture. :)

Casey, Todd and Matt - our first set of rescuers, and good friends that we hadn't seen in a long time!

I just couldn't resist taking a picture of the cute ferry on the pretty water!

The Renaissance Hotel in Portsmouth - ceremony and reception location! Such a beautiful place.

I enjoy the lens flare in this picture.


I tried to make this picture look sorta "old school" and vintage. Did I succeed? After cocktail hour, Will and Alisabeth invited everyone to the Norfolk Tides minor league baseball game. These two were definitely ready for the ballpark!

I told you I'd get scenic pictures from the ferry.

On Saturday morning, Brian and I decided to explore the town of Portsmouth. Unfortunately, there wasn't to much to see....except for our reflections.

We went to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch before the wedding. I love the faces in this picture and the stories that could come of it! Our waitress was pretty awesome. She even put bibs on the crab eaters! OK, I know they do that to everyone, but I had never seen it done before.


Finally, wedding time! Alisabeth walking down the aisle during their beautiful outdoor ceremony.

I love the pictures I got during the ceremony! Never been to a wedding ceremony like this one.





Dark and contrasty, but cool.

Brian loved my look at Steve and Tiffany's wedding back in April so much that he requested I wear it again to Will and Alisabeth's wedding. Bateman - thanks for taking such nice pictures of us!

The ceremony was held in one of the large and beautiful ballrooms of the hotel. The ballroom looked so pretty!

We sat at the "Bridgewater" table.

Pretty cake, pretty flowers.

The Country Crackers, minus Timmy and Jared. What a group!

Will requested that "Dixieland Delight" be played during the reception. It definitely put the dancin' shoes on the Country Crackers.


How about Alisabeth's mom waving her finger at Will before the garter action!?! Haha.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen at a wedding reception - late-night snacks! Will and Alisabeth supplied us with mini burgers, mini hotdogs and mini pizzas. Brian was in heaven!

Will and Alisabeth left the reception via water taxi - how cute!!


Overall, we had a lovely weekend in Virginia celebrating Will and Alisabeth's wedding. Congrats Will and Alisabeth, and thanks for a lovely time!

As of right now, we've got four more weddings to go to in 2009 and I'm pumped! I love to see friends, I love weddings and I love opportunities to practice with my camera! YAY and hoolllleerr!

No comments: