Monday, July 13, 2009

FREE Portrait Sessions!

Well, it's official. I'm starting my own photography business! After many discussions with fellow photographers, co-workers and Brian, and a few years experience in the photography field, I've decided to "go for it" and turn my hobby into a career.

I've probably already told my story of how I became interested in photography, but because I can't remember when or if that happened, here's my story!

I've enjoyed using a camera and taking mounds and mounds of pictures since I was in high school. My mom bought me my first camera (point-and-shoot and a Canon, of course) as a Christmas gift during my sophomore year. I took pictures of anything and everything! I was constantly going to Wal-Mart to get my mounds and mounds of pictures printed, and had tons of albums and scrapbooks to flip through and fill with memories. It's not until my mom allowed me to shoot with her second camera (she's a photographer) at a wedding did I really become interested in photography, not just as a hobby, but as a career.

After working with my mom at a few weddings and tagging along with two local studios for the past year, I realized that my hobby of taking pictures was more than just a hobby. It was a joy, an excitement, a passion. One day I said, "I can do this!" and began my quest to become a professional photography with my own booming business.

I'll be registering "Jessica Fike Photography" as an official operating entity in the state of Pennsylvania sometime this week. Soon thereafter (I hope), will come the launch of my website. While in the process of getting things ready for launch, I'm offering a special promotion. A fabulous promotion, to be exact.

Before the launch of my website (projected date is July 31, 2009), I am offering all portrait session services for FREE! Whether you are a mommy-to-be, graduating senior, engaged couple, or fun family, I invite you to let me make you look fabulous, and sign up for a session! Here's what you'll get:
  • Up to two hours of session time at location of your choice
  • Unlimited photos taken
  • Multiple outfit changes
  • Online viewing gallery of your portrait collection
  • CD of all high-res edited images so you can print at will wherever you'd like!

I'm also booking weddings and other special event coverage. Contact me for pricing and details.

Here's a little ad that I designed for my fabulous promotion:

Remember, you must sign up for your session before the launch of my website to get your session for free. I can't wait to hear from you and put you in front of my camera! Thanks for reading. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on one year of marriage AND on starting your own company! If I was an expecting mother or not this fabulously attractive naturally I would definitely be giving you a call right now! ;-) In all seriousness, good luck!