Sunday, January 31, 2010

My First Wedding {MD, PA, WV, VA, DC and Beyond Photographer}

Years ago, when I was in middle and high school, I was an "assistant" for my mom (she's also a wedding photographer, check out her website at http://www.memoriesbycarole.com/) and I carried equipment. I didn't really hold the cameras, nor did I really know exactly how to load the film. I was simply a friend, a "partner in crime." I was company.

Little did I know back then that my simple acts of accompanying my mom and carrying her equipment would lead to a photography career of my own. At a September wedding in 2008, my mom gave me a camera and let me take pictures all day long. I fell in love and wanted to continue practicing photography. I hooked up with two studios (one in Hagerstown and one in Waynesboro) after I moved to Waynesboro two summers ago, and was determined to learn as much as possible. After a few lessons, words of encouragement, six weddings and lots of inspiration from those photographers and others, I started my own business in July of 2009, and boy was I excited to book my first wedding!

Bring in Stuart and Denise. This lovely couple was married on October 24 of this past year in Charlottesville, VA at the Kluge Estate Winery & Vineyard. Their wedding was beautiful! With colors of marigold, grey, black and white, fall leaves all around, love and care from their family and friends, and most importantly, the love shared between the two of them...it was just...beautiful! You could tell that Stuart and Denise were totally in love and just enjoyed having each other around. Their cuteness and unique style made photographing their wedding day very easy.

Stuart and Denise - Thank you so much for trusting me to take your wedding photographs. You gave me my "big break" as a young photographer by being my first, solo wedding...and I had a blast! You made it so easy for me to capture the beauty and fun of your wedding day, and of your love. You guys are awesome!

Here's sampling #1 from Denise and Stuart's wedding....






This picture is hanging in the JFP office. :)

Oh my goodness a FAVE!




Denise - YOU ARE STUNNING! I think this one will go on a gallery wrap canvas and then on my wall.






I told the ladies to stop, smile and laugh at each other...and they did great! I think it gave them a few moments to relax and get excited for the big day!


If I could sum up Denise and Stuart's wedding day in one picture, I think this might be it. The wet pavement represents the rain we experienced the first half of the day and the dampness we experienced the second half. The leaves represent the fall season and the beautiful fall colors that we encountered throughout the day. Denise's super cute yellow wedding shoes represent her vintage and unique style that was the theme for the wedding. And of course the wedding dress - the symbols of all symbols for a wedding!
 


When we arrived at the vineyard for pictures, there was a HUGE tree with TONS of yellow leaves lying beneath it. Just so happened that those yellow leaves matched the colors of Denise and Stuart's wedding. Is that perfect or what?



Denise and her Mom. So lovely!


Next sampling...Final pictures before the ceremony!

No comments: