Saturday, October 10, 2009

Laila Marie: Newborn Portraits

In early September, I had the honor and privilege of shooting Laila Marie's newborn portraits, only the second newborn of my career. Laila is the newest addition to the Henderson family, a cute little group from Silver Spring, MD. Devin and Heather are friends with Jared and Laura (mine and Brian's friends and cousins) and heard about my photography business through Laura. You may remember Laura from my previous blog post - she also gave my info to the Wert Family. Laura - thanks again for talkin' me up! ;)

While mommy and daddy got Laila ready for her debut, I took some shots of the nursery. My favorite part of the room was this quote that Devin and Heather put on the wall above Laila's crib. I am so glad I was able to help tell this child's story with newborn portraits...



Here she is! Miss Laila Marie.


The nursery and all its glory.


Devin and Heather made sure we got a picture of one of Laila's newest outfits. Her shirt says "Heaven Sent" - how cute is that!?!


Look at her peekin' with one eye. Definitely one of my favorites!





One last moment between mommy and daughter to end the session.


Devin and Heather - thank you so much for inviting me into your home only one week after Laila was born. We were definitely able to capture some special moments together. CONGRATS on your newest addition!

No comments: