Friday, October 23, 2009

My first wedding...

My first wedding is tomorrow. I'm THE photographer. I'm the one responsible for capturing the special moments. I'm the one responsible for producing gorgeous pictures that will last a lifetime. I'm the one responsible for telling one of life's most important, exciting and loving stories - the wedding day story.

Denise and Stuart are getting married tomorrow at the Kluge Estate Farm Shop and Winery in Charlottesville, VA. When Denise first contacted me in June about wedding photography, I was excited, flattered and nervous all at the same time. I knew that someday I'd have my own photography business, but that that someday would not come for a while down the road. Was I ready for this? How will I accommodate all her needs? Will I be able to produce quality, professional pictures for her to cherish forever? All these questions ran through my head, but they were surpassed by a feeling of excitement. Someone wants ME to take their wedding pictures? WOW! What an awesome feeling.

Little did I know that Denise's interest in my wedding photography would be the spark to light my fire and get me running at 100 mph into starting my photography business sooner than later. That someday that I would start my own photography business came unexpectedly in July and here I am preparing for my first wedding. I get to call the shots. I get to pose the bride and groom the way I want to. I get to be front-and-center during every special moment of their special day. I get to be their wedding photographer, and that's huge. I'm feeling excited, flattered and [a little] nervous all over again, and again the excitement surpasses.


I am totally stoked for Denise and Stuart's fall wedding tomorrow. I know it will be filled with colorful leaves, crisp fall air, and most importantly, so much love. Thank you Denise and Stuart for asking ME to be your wedding photographer. I cannot wait to capture your special wedding day story in pictures! Enjoy the fall -ness of the picture above. :)

1 comment:

A.Smallwood said...

What a beautiful time of year for a wedding! I can't wait to see how the photography turned out. Will you please share when you can?