Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween: Take One

As the newest and youngest year-round employee at Liberty, I always try to bring something new and exciting to the resort. Whether it's a cake to celebrate a special birthday or a reason to have a special holiday lunch, I bring it. Or should I say, "coordinate it." It does say "Event Coordinator" on my business card so it's only fitting that I spice things up here at work, right? That's what events do. They spice up your life! *Que Spice Girls hit song "Spice Up Your Life." :)

We sorta unofficially celebrated Halloween today at work. I sent out a teaser email earlier in the week with a few pictures from last year's Halloween included hoping that at least some people would find the motivation and fun in wearing costumes to work today. Surprisingly, quite a few people really got into it and really dressed up. Even our General Manager Eric decided to show his Halloween spirit. It was quite an interesting morning...

I started off my event coordinating by bringing in jack-o-lantern doughnuts to share with the crew. I saw these at Walmart and just couldn't pass them up! How cute are they!?!


Next item on the coordinating list: get Eric (our GM) into a zombie costume!
Mission accomplished.

Eric is the guy on the far right in the picture below. He happily got into costume and really helped to spice things up. But first, a meeting in the hallway with some of Halloween's finest.

Once Eric put his mask on, he was in true zombie form. Here he is waiting to scare our UPS guy. It's amazing what people will do when their identity is hidden.

This is when things got REALLY GOOD. Eric put on quite a zombie show - creeping around, snarling at people and dragging his legs like zombies do. Below is the perfect zombie pose. Eric had us all laughing hysterically as he creeped up, down and around the stairway. What a Halloween trooper he is.

And the show continues! Eric and Lonny trying to scare Jimmy in the Rental Shop.

A group picture of all our Halloween groupies! Thank you all for getting into the Halloween spirit! Sorry I didn't participate - my costume wasn't quite ready. I'll reveal that in my second Halloween post. ;)



All in all, I was successful in spicing things up here at work by adding a little Halloween spirit to our day. We have a lot of fun here at Liberty and that's probably what keeps some of us sane, especially when the winter season rolls around. What shall I coordinate next?? ;)
Happy Halloween: Take Two - COMING SOON! Just you wait. :)

No comments: