Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Fike Family: Lifestyle Portraits

Brian's parents invited us to go to Myrtle Beach this past summer for vacation. Brian had always talked about their Fike family vacations to the beach so I was anxious and excited to finally be a part of one. We stayed in a beautiful condo at the Grand Atlantic Resort. We hung out on the beach in the mornings, ate lunch meat and chips for lunch, shopped and did touristy things in the afternoon, and feasted and relaxed in the evenings. We had wonderful weather and overall a great time together!

Pam, Brian's mom, asked me long before the vacation if I'd take beach portraits of the family while we were in Myrtle. DUH! Of course I'll take pictures! I was so excited to have my first official portrait session on the beach, and I even got to be in some of the pictures! Here's a small selection from what we captured on the beach that evening....

The four Fikesters - Brian, Jeff, Pam and Jason



I was a little nervous when I told them to "look at each other and laugh" during the session. I do this with just about everyone during a session, but I wasn't sure how the Fikes would react. Surprisingly, they were pretty awesome at looking at each other and laughing on que. Definitely made for some good pictures. :)

This one is for Pam. She loves flip flops.

Here we are! The whole clan! Propped the camera up on the lifeguard chair and set the timer. Worked like a charm. :)

Another "look at yourself and laugh" success!


Wow! What a good picture of Jeff and Pam. Brian was even impressed.

When it comes to Brian and Jason, serious pictures just aren't their style. This is their style...

Of course we had to get some pictures of me and my honey! Thanks for being my second shooter, Jason!

I'm in mid-slap and Brian is trying to pick my nose. Goodness gracious, this is typical.

Jason, you may have captured the best picture of the day. At least in my opinion. :)

Oh my goodness! The series of images I got from this stunt - AWESOME! The four Fikesters are a little laid-back and not too rambunxious so when they pulled this trick on me, I was shocked, but loving the energy. The faces in this picture are priceless.

Thank you, Pam, for asking me to take some family portraits on the beach. I had such a wonderful time on vacation and a fabulous time during my first beach session. Maybe we can do this again once Heather is added to the Fike family!?! ;)

No comments: