Saturday, August 29, 2009

Elizabeth: Senior Portraits

I see Elizabeth almost every week at church. I approached her about a month ago about the possibility of taking her senior portraits. I was pleasantly surprised when she excitedly responded and accepted the offer.

I spent a lot of time with Elizabeth during her session, but we walked away with some amazing picture!

First, we started at Elizabeth's home. I just had to try out this corn field!
One of Elizabeth's only requests was that we snap a few pictures of she and her dog.

Elizabeth's mom had a request of her own. Brother and sister.



Elizabeth is a senior at St. James School. It was only fitting that we spend part of our session on campus. I LOVE the bus shots!

This was after we found a snake. Yes, a snake! I wanted to take a few pictures near this one tree. Unfortunately, a plaque was in the way so Elizabeth volunteered to move it. After she lifted the plaque, she calmly said, "Oh my gosh, there's a snake under there." Did you notice that I said that she said it CALMLY!?! My reaction would have been "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - that's me screaming and running away. Plan B - new tree, and this one turned out to be a good one...with no snakes.
It rained almost the entire day. Luckily for us, it cleared up just in time and the sun was out for most of the session. I still thought it would be cool to incorporate the rain in the pictures. Enter cute rain boots and umbrella. Thanks for entertaining my idea, Elizabeth.


So not only did Elizabeth nearly wrestle a snake and throw on some rain boots for her crazy photographer, she also posed amongst this sketchy, yet beautiful, mossy greeness. We were unsure of it, but knew it would be great for pictures. I think we were right...
Elizabeth definitely brought some attitude and spunk.








Elizabeth - thank you so much for being a trooper! You were absolutely wonderful in front of the camera! I hope you are enjoying your pictures. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jess! Looks like you're getting lots of great photo gigs! Who knew it would be so easy to crack the professional photography business?!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures Jess!! :)

Janica said...

Hey Jessica! I'm so excited to see your own site/blog! These are really, really cute. My favorite is the last image. It looks so dreamy!