Monday, April 18, 2011

Things to Share {MD, PA, WV, VA, Washington DC Wedding Photographer}

Just writing to share a few new fave things...
I'm gonna get a little crafty this week and make one of these for Ally and I:


I think matching fabric pom pom brooches will be the perfect accessory for Easter. I actually got the idea from one of my new favorite blogs, The Sweetest Occasion. Click here to find out how you can make your very own DIY fabric pom pom. Soooo cute!!!

On Friday, I officially kicked off spring portrait season! First, I shot Meredith and Bobby in downtown Shepherdstown, WV. We had beautiful spring weather, beautifully blooming spring trees, a super neat-o downtown area and a sweet, happy couple.


Yesterday, I went to the nearby Ivy Hill Farm for Lisa Sandlin and her cute little family's spring portraits. I actually met Lisa last winter when I photographed her son Kellen's first birthday party. Kellen is over a year old now and is so stinkin' cute! We took some springtime family/Easter portraits in the peach blooms. Here's a little peek at what we captured together...



I have three more portrait sessions coming up this week! It feels so nice to be back in the swing of things. :)

It'll feel especially great to be back in the swing of things once wedding season hits. My season begins on May 21st with Rachel and Corey's wedding at The Barn at Springfield Farm in Williamsport, MD. I am super excited about the wedding because Rachel and Corey are fabulous in front of the camera and because they have an awesome venue!

I still have some 2011 dates available for weddings (including August, September and October) and am currently booking into the 2012 year, so if you're still looking for a photographer, I'd love to chat with you! I also have a new incentive for signing couples that will allow you to save on your wedding photography packages. Visit my website and fill out the contact form if you're interested in more info!

I am also working on a new blog, new website and new branding for my business. I've got Kristy from Wreckless Elements working on my blog (cannot wait to be able to post my images at max size so they look wayy better than they do on my Blogger Blogspot...blah!) and am hoping to see a finished project around mid to late summer. Rachel Doria, a friend from Bridgewater College, is working on my site and branding. We met a couple of weeks ago to discuss ideas and possibilities and I was blown away at how amazing she is! Not only does she know her stuff when it comes to websites and art, but she's also got some really neat ideas. She's just as excited as I am and I cannot wait to see her finished projects! Branding should be updated within the month and site should be ready to go in mid-summer also. Here's a little something that was recent inspiration for my business branding:


I just love the polka dots, colors and cuteness! Soooo looking forward to my new fun, fresh, light-hearted branding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have to PIP how the hair pieces turn out!!! And I love polka dots too!!